I know you’re probably waiting for the first post about Fashion Week, but because today is my birthday I will share with you 36 things you don’t know about me. Why 36? Because I’m 36 and i’m not afraid to say my age. That’s what happens when you feel like you are 20.
1. In elementary my nickname was Eminescu, because I had a wide forehead.
2. In hightschool, I had an altercation which led to a fine for disturbing the public order.
3. I played football for 8 years, but not professionally.
4. I drank coffee for the first time in highschool, to study for a biology paper. I didn’t know which was the right dose, so I drank 2 big cups. I was running around room to room and my colleagues called the ambulance.
5. I love karts.
6. I wanted to be a detective and work for the Secret Services.
7. In fifth grade I cried for a week, so my mum would let me learn karate.
8. I practiced schemes from the movies with VanDamme & Arnold on my cousin.
9. When I was eight months pregnant with Ingrid I was doing tennis doubles championships with my colleagues from work.
10. I got married at 18 and a half.
11. I wish a license to carry a weapon. On my first attempt I fired 100 rounds. I was fascinated and I could not stop.
12. I learned english and spanish from the Tv. I didn’t study it in school. That’s why I don’t always write correctly, but there’s always someone to correct me. It doesn’t bothers me, if they tell me nicely, but there are “some” that say that I should’ve know to write perfect before starting a blog. Seriously?
13. The posts from the blog are translated by other persons.
14. I sing at karaoke, though when I was little you could swear that I was singing when I was reciting a poetry. My fav song is Love is all around- Wet Wet Wet
15. I was my school’s choir conductor for 4 years.
16. I celebrated my 18th birthday, big thing here, dressed in my cousin’s suit.
17. I started to get an interest in fashion when I was about 23 years old. Until then I was a tomboy. In high school I wore Gavroche style blazers and caps.
18. I started to apply mascara at 24 and it took me a year to learn how to do it proper.
19. I got my eyes, eyebrows and lips tatted to look as I used makeup, because I did not know how to do it. Even now I am not the most skilled, but I know how to do almost everything I need. Of course, not sophisticated stuff.
20. I don’t know how to properly apply eyeliner. I have asymmetric eyelids and only a makeup artist can give me a cat eyes look.
21. Between a dress and masculine suit, I’ll always choose the suit.
22. I managed to run my first 10 km 3 years ago. In school I could not take resistance in gym class even though I had a sporty nature. My spleen hurt and I was vomiting because of the pain.
23. I ran a wellness club for 3 years.
24. I worked in the hotels sales.
25. When I was a kid I was not allowed to dance, because of religious reasons.
26. I pierced my ears at 27.
27. In tenth grade I was an instructor of a explorers group. I had a group of 7 children with whom I went to camps.
28. I got my driving license when I was five months pregnant with Ingrid.
29. In my first 4 months of pregnancy with Ingrid, I lost 10 kg. Every two weeks I was hospitalised and two days they fed me intravenous glucose.
30. I took piano lessons one year, but I had two left hands and I dropped the classes.
31. I don’t believe in superstitions.
32. After several psychological tests it was revealed that my motto in life is: The best way of defense is attack. So I advise you not challenged me, because you’ll trigger the monster ?
33. At 14, I was driving a Volkswagen Transporter van on the forest road ?
34. People think that I have millions in the bank, but I’m fighting in court for 6 years now, with my former husband to take off the mortgage on the house where I live with my children.
35. My biggest fear is to die drowned. I’m not afraid of death itself.
36. I play PokemonGo. I started because I was following Rares and the children while they were playing in the park and I was the only outsider. Otherwise I have never played such games. I just had on my phone Solitaire & Quiz.
And now that I’m done with the disclosures, I’m am going to party here in NY with a bunch of really cool friends.
Tomorrow, back to serious posts about fashion, beauty and adventures in NY.
Kisses and …. Happy birthday to me !!!!